The government revealed that 20% of the total cost will be given as down payment and the rest 80% will be covered by the government. Mr Shamim Naqvi revealed that new housing schemes will be established in Punjab and Gilgit-Baltistan region. He said that the federal and provincial government will work together for the success of this program. He also added that the prime minister had held 10 meetings about the scheme in the past 60 days. He said that, to make payment easier, taxes will be relaxed. 


The first parts of the scheme in Punjab would be executed in Sialkot, Lodhran, Chiniot, Bhawalnagar and Jhelum districts. The schemes will also be launched in the Muzzafarabad district of Jammu and Kashmir. He also said that the interest of private developers was evident, and land was also available. The Prime Minister office (PMO) will supervise the project to make sure it goes smoothly.